Dena Blatt is an award-winning writer who was born in a small town in Ontario, Canada, one of seven children of immigrant Russian Jews. At the age of 24, she emigrated to California, became a U.S. citizen and started her American career in the medical field. From 1957 to 1959, she lived and worked in Israel, where she met and married a survivor of the Sobibor death camp. They returned to California and had two children.
She has had varied careers but her talent has always been to analyze — as head of a medical technology lab, owner of an electronics business, an investor in real estate, a researcher and self-styled journalist of the Holocaust, and a graphoanalyst with her own “Dear Dena” handwriting column — which she hopes to syndicate in the near future.
Blatt’s interest in metaphysics, UFOs, extraterrestrials and the paranormal was spurred by experiences from her childhood but heightened dramatically upon meeting Shirlè Klein-Carsh in 1996. Since then, she has become a passionate student of the genre leading her to write the book The Artist & the Alien. This is her first published writing on the subject of aliens.
In October, 2007, Blatt was awarded 3rd Place in the Feature Article category in the 76th Annual Writer’s Digest Writing Competition for her interview titled “From ‘Ordinary’ Man to Beast and Back Again” of a former SS man and mass murderer. The article originally appeared in the Canadian Jewish News in January, 1996.
Blatt has four books in progress on other subjects. She is a grandmother who splits her time between Anacortes, Washington and Santa Barbara, California.
As a “self-styled journalist” she interviewed subjects in the following countries:
- Germany—SS Karl Frenzel, mass murderer, commandant during revolt in death camp Sobibor.
- Israel—Thomas Blatt, survivor of the same camp, author of From the Ashes of Sobibor.
- Russia—Sasha Pechersky, Russian Jewish officer, inmate and leader of Sobibor revolt in 1943.
- Switzerland—Simon Wiesenthal, world famous Nazi hunter and his family.
- England—Egidia Bochetta, amazing Italian psychic, and her children.
- USA—Ida Kannenberg, “walk-in,” rare UFO contactee and antique dealer.
- Canada—Shirlè Klein-Carsh, “wanderer,” rare UFO contactee and cosmic artist.
She had no knowledge of “wanderers,” Star People, aliens from other dimensions—or extraterrestrials looking like us, living and working among us—until meeting Shirlè later in life.